Licence Granted Rules
AMENDMENT OF LICENCE:
(1) A licensee shall get his licence amended when the factory exceeds the limits specified in the licence in regard to horse-power or the number of persons employed.
(2) The fee for the amendment of a licence shall be One Hundred rupees plus the amount (if any), by which the fee that would have been payable if the licence had originally been issued in the amended form exceeds the fee originally paid for the licence.
RENEWAL OF LICENCE:
(1) Except in cases covered by sub-rule (3) of Rule 13, the licence of a factory may be renewed by the Inspector for five calendar years at a time, except the Factories carrying on hazardous processes or covered under the U.P. Factories (Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards) Rules, 1996 which may be renewed for every calendar year at a time, on payment of requisite fee specified in the Schedule under Rule 7.
(2) Every application for the renewal of licence shall be sent in Form 4-B in triplicate so as to reach the office of the Inspector on or before thirty first day of October and if the application is so made, the premises shall be held to the duly licensed until such date as the Inspector renews the licence.
TRANSFER OF LICENCE:
(1) The holder of a licence may, at any time before the expiry of the licence, apply for permission to transfer his licence to another person.
(2) Such application shall be made to the Chief Inspector, who shall, if he approves of the transfer, enter upon the licence, under his signature, an endorsement to the effect that the licence has been transferred to the person named.
(3) A fee of five Hundred rupees shall be charged on each such application.
(4) The person to whom the licence is so transferred shall enjoy the same powers, and be subject to the same obligations under the licence as the original holder.